Responsible Construction and Demolition Services in Boston, MA
Even though construction projects are essential for developing high-quality infrastructure, it’s always good to be environmentally savvy and responsible in the process. Due to information stating that the construction industry was heavily consuming resources in the United States, an initiative was started to encourage reusing and recycling materials. Companies like Deloury Industries are committed to responsible demolition services in Boston, MA, so you know they are environmentally conscientious when you hire them.
But how exactly do you factor in the environmental aspect into demolition? First off, taking note of which materials are reusable, such as:
- Wood Products
- Asphalt Shingles
- Asphalt Concrete
- Drywall and Plaster
- Brick and Clay Tile
Most importantly, a company that offers demolition services should follow EPA protocols to make sure their C & D (construction and demolition) waste is correctly handled in the following ways:
- Develop an adaptation or disassembly plan with key information.
- Use simple open-span structural systems and standard size, modular building components, and assemblies.
- Use durable, reusable, and recyclable materials.
- Minimize the use of different types of materials and make connections visible and accessible.
- Use mechanical fasteners such as nails, bolts, and screws instead of sealants and adhesives.
Contact Deloury Industries to learn more about their safe construction and sustainable demolition services.